About ACI Latin America-Caribbean
ACI-LAC is a regional office of Airports Council International, which represents the interests of airports operators for the Latin-American and Caribbean.
Founded in 1991, the mission of ACI-LAC is to provide support for a secure, stable, efficient and environmentally compatible airport system.
Currently, ACI-LAC has over 71 members operating more than 275 airports in 37 countries from the Latin-American and Caribbean region.
- Maximizing airports contribution to develop and maintain a safe and viable industry in a responsible and sustainable way.
- Promote cooperation among all aviation industry sectors and its stakeholders, as well as national and international governments and organizations.
- Influence on standards, politics and practices of international, regional or national level based on established politics which represents airports priorities and interests.
- Assist the aviation system development through the public awareness of the economic and social importance of air transport development.
- Provide leadership in airport operations and management trough the development of technical global standard and/or recommended practices.
- Maximize cooperation and mutual cooperation among airports.
- Provide industry knowledge, advice and assistance to the members, as well as promote professional excellence in airport management and operation.
- Develop organizational capacity and ACI-LAC resources in order to serve the members in an efficient and effectively way.